Everything You Wanted To Know About DJ Apster and Maybe More...
December 24, 2015
Abdesamad Ben Abdelouahid aka DJ Apster has grown in the electronic dance music scene in the past year and he’s about to blow up the scenes! I mean he’s even played on the Great Wall of China! Who can say they’ve done that? Here’s the inside scoop on DJ Apster… keep reading, he exposes his softer side (his teddy) down below
1. What makes Apster, Apster?
Always happy, always in for a good time and always making music. I just wanna please people and give them a good time. Music is the answer.
2. So you play progressive house to filthy electro. Could you define your version of filthy electro?
This is what you can expect in an Apster set. I love everything; all those style combined together is the ‘Apster bringing you in to a journey sound’ from filthy electro to bleepy house to deep progressive and garage. Party!
3. What inspired you to get into the electronic music scene? When was that exact moment when you knew you wanted to be a DJ?
It started by producing for fun, after 2 years I sent my music to Laidback Luke. He was the first one to play my records; from then on I knew it. I WANNA BE A DJ.
4. You just released your newest tune Soundboy on Wall Recordings, which was a collab with NLW. What was the process behind the creation on the song?
Me and NLW were in the studio and we wanted to make a nice club banger for everyone to play, but also add parts in the track that would surprise you and standout production wise with other tracks and I think this worked out really well. Support from all the top DJs!
5. Where do you usually find inspiration for your songs?
I listen to a lot of kind of genres music. I try to put everything together in my way and make a unique Apster production.
6. You’ve performed many shows around the world, which one of those have been hands down your favorite place to perform at? Did anything crazy happen?
I’ve played once at the Great Wall of China in Beijing. This was an experience I will never forget! All the history that’s in there, amazing!
7. What is the next festival you’d love to perform at and why?
I would love to play at ULTRA, I’ve seen it in Tokyo, Japan and Miami, USA, and that stage is incredible, hope to play there one day!
8. Which one do you prefer more of? Playing live sets or making music in the studio?
Oooh that’s a tough one… Both are amazing! It’s like the best feeling to make your own music in the studio and then play it live for a big audience… If the response is great, the feeling is priceless…
9. What do you do usually when you’re not making music or touring?
I’ve got a social live too of course, so I spend time with family and friends. I play soccer every week when I got time with my friend’s team.
10. I’ve always wondered, how to DJs plan their sets when they’re on deck? What is your process? Play accordingly to the crowd? / Play what you’re feeling?
It’s actually a combination. It’s important when you can read what people want and like, and how it is served. I can read when I can go full Apster but I can read when I can play that full Apster sound with commercial vocals, but always in my own way and style.
11. If you could pick the biggest influencer in your music currently, who would it be? And why?
Michael Jackson is where it all started for me; I used to know all the music, beats, lyrics and even the choreography… LEGEND
12. This past year you have been touring with Afrojack, it must be tiring to always be on the move. How do you find time to relax and recharge?
I am a kind of guy that can get his rest in the airplane, I’ve taught myself to fall asleep for many hours when flying. When I’m back home, I take a day off and take a good rest before I go back to the studio.
13. This NYE you’ll be spending it at Singapore with your fans, what do you usually do on NYE? Are you usually doing a show or celebrating it with your friends/family?
The past year, I’ve been celebrating it at shows somewhere in the world. At those moments I miss my family and friends a lot.
14. What’s next for Apster?
2016 is going to be a year with a lot of new lined up music, so be ready!!
15. I know this is a random question – if you were in a place, which caught on fire, what is the one thing you’ll take with you? Or would you just run out? Why?
Depends who is in the house too… if I’m alone… my teddy bear and my tooth brush, oh and my laptop… all my music is in there…